Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Special candleholder for a friend

Tuesday!!

I have a very dear friend of mine who has been going through so much sadness this past month which ripped my heart out.  She is also my boss who helped me through so much with everything I went through with my Dad.  She loves her animals and she had to make a very tough decision to put down one of her German Shepherds on Saturday.  He has been very sick this past month and the tears have flown.  A few of us at work ordered her a plant to send to her to just tell her we care but I wanted to do something special for her.

I decided to make up a memory candle for her to honor the love that she had for Brinner.  He was actually pretty young as he was only a little over 5 years old and they had a bond that was so strong.  I took 3 different colors of sand which represent the coloring he had and layered them.  Once I got them layered I poked a pencil down it to blend them in.  I then added a votive holder and a flameless candle on top.  To finish it off I put on vinyl to represent their 2 hearts and his angel wings.


I want to also do another smaller project for her but will see if I have time to get it done.  So there you have it!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!!

Today's quote:  "Sometimes where you land is better than where you were falling from."

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Proper Prim said...

Laura what a sweet thing to do for your friend. I am sure there will be a few more tears when she receives that. You did a beautiful job.

Hope you have a great day sweetie.

Hugs, Deb

Granny said...

What a precious thing for you to make. I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Dear Laura,
What a beautiful and thoughtful gift for your friend. It is wrenching to lose a much-loved pet, and it's a gift to have friends who understand, and who understand the need to celebrate that pet's life and remember.

Thank you for your kind words of sympathy on the loss of my father; they were much appreciated. And I was sorry to learn of your own loss of your Dad back in December. We never get over being Daddy's little girls, do we?

Best wishes,
Cass