Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another special project....

Hi!!

I was finally able to get back to some sewing to finish the special pillow that I made for my son out of Dad's shirt.  This was Dad's favorite shirt that we had gotten him and Josh last saw him healthy in this shirt so since I had made the quotes already, I finally sat down and made it and gave it to him to cherish.  Although his eyes got tears in them, he loved it and it meant so much to him and I'm glad.


I decided to make a little stuffed heart out of some of the extra material and hang in under where I have Dad's memory ornament and some of his ashes.  It makes me smile when I look at it and underneath where it is on the shelf is my favorite chair that I sit in so he is looking down on me :)


Have a fabulous day and happy crafting!!

Today's quote: “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.”

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

OH what a special project this is. WOW! I've never seen this done. It made me want to tear up, so I can only imagine how your son must have felt.
Have a blessed week!
Melisa

Granny said...

You're creating cherished mementos. That is a great idea of using the shirt with the pocket.

Proper Prim said...

Laura that is so sweet.

I love that your son was so happy with it.

Love the little heart too... what a precious memory for you to cherish.

Hugs, Deb