Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rustic Candle Holder

Welcome!!

I have had a vision in my mind about doing a rustic outdoor looking candle holder and decided to give it a try.  I love seeing all the birch crafts out there and wanted something like that.  I have collected a bunch of twigs that had fallen from the trees throughout the Winter and brought them inside and have used them for decorations so wanted to incorporate them also.  Here is what I used for this one.


I took velum paper and just found a picture of some birch and printed it out on my printer.  How simple is that huh :)  I then measured the sides allowing enough room for some of the twigs.  Add some Mod Podge and really get it wet with it to allow that real birch look.  Yes...you want it to bubble up some.
Next I took my broken twigs and hot glue and framed out the velum paper and Ta Da!!!  Not bad huh :)
Hope you are having a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

Give-a-ways:
Okie Chic

Linking up to:
Today's quote:  “Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.”

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

These are so cute. They would be great centerpieces. I am in awe of your ideas!
★Linda★

Proper Prim said...

Great idea Laura... I love those... perfect for a centrepiece. Love the idea, printing on the velium.

How are things going? How is your daughter doing?

Hope you have a great day sweetie...

Hugs, Deb

Granny said...

Love the candleholder with the twigs. So cute!