Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm in a Christmas mood :)

Well the weekend is overwith and back to a short week at work.  Well maybe.  We got snow today and it's below freezing now so if it continues to snow and the roads freeze, I can't make it into work as I live on a big hill and the only way off all the way is down hills and its not worth it.  So we'll see :)

How have you all been?  I haven't been able to post much this past week as I've been so darn busy with everything!  Work is just not stopping, Mom and Dad are having issues and trying to get ready for the holiday's.  Wow... I think I need a vacation :)

I finished my plate I was working on and I think it turned out cute.  I didn't notice until after I uploaded the picture that a extra piece of ribbon was stuck on the snow lol.  It fell off already so we're good.

I made another flameless candle and this time from large cinnamon sticks I found.  Started out by cutting them but they started breaking so I just broke them by hand.  Much easier let me tell you.  It smells so good!!

I put it up on my mantel with my twig one I made.  Perfect and now the mantel is ready for Thanksgiving :)

I hope that had a wonderful weekend. 
Today's quote:  At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Granny said...

Sorry things aren't going well with your parents. They'r in my prayers daily.

That plate is beautiful. You have such a creative imagination. I like the cinnamon stick candle holder also.

I soak my cinnamon sticks in hot water long enough to make them pliable. They open up a bit and can easily be cut to length then.

Proper Prim said...

Good morning Laura... oh I am so happy you are staying put. I hate winter driving.

I detest summer drivers trying to drive in winter more...lol We have too many of them here. Glad you have an understanding boss.

Love the plate and candle, happy to see you are still crafting away.

Hope all else is okay too.

You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

You have a great day sweetie...

Big Hugs, Deb xo