Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Glass Blocks

We've got a very cold spurt going on in the PNW right now.  All my Winter sweaters are out along with my mock turtlenecks and boots.  I'm ready....bring it on :)  Well OK, enough already.  I've been stuck at home not able to go out due to the snow and ice. 

I finished my 2 glass blocks that I made for Christmas.  One for me and one for Carissa.  I just love these and they are so simple to make and look so pretty!!

This is the one I made for Carissa.

This is the one I made for us.  First without the lights on.

Now lit up :)


Here they are side by side and can't wait to put mine into use :)  I'm thinking I will put it in my fireplace like I did for the one I made for Fall :)

I hope you are having a wonderful day and happy crafting!!  Stay safe and warm.

Today's quote:  What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Proper Prim said...

I love this idea... so pretty all lit up. I like your idea too of putting them in the fireplace what a great way to display them.

Hopefully things warm up a bit for you. It is all pretty and nice until you have to go out in it.

Have a great day Laura.

Hugs, Deb

Cidinha said...

I love it! Very....very beatiful!

Hugs
Cidinha

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

So pretty! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)