Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bringing the outdoors indoors

Happy Wednesday!!

I was able to relax a little this past weekend and focus on some crafting which felt great. I did have a meeting with the Hospice nurse to get that all figured out and set up so being able to have some "ME" time was very good for my soul.

I had picked up these twigs at work the other day after a big wind storm and decided to bring them home.  I love the outdoors and thought they would look cute by my decorated fireplace so I stopped by the Dollar Store and picked up $5 worth of items to put something simple together.  Here is what I got, minus the twigs :)

And here it is sitting in front of my fireplace.  I really like it!  It gives texture to it and brings some of the outdoors inside.

I also found this tin and I didn't want it for Christmas but have something in mind so you'll have to see what I come up with.  I know...there I go teasing again lol.

Last but not least, I also found this at the Dollar Store and want to do something else with it so stay tuned :)

Well that's it for the day so have a wonderful time today and happy crafting!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

Granny said...

That looks great by the fireplace. I'm no good at arrangements like that.

I'll be waiting to see what you do with the little tin and felt HoHo.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Stick and rocks! So simple and fabulous!