Sunday, October 31, 2010

Take time to stop and smell the roses

Happy Sunday!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has so much going on with life and we forget to stop and smell the roses.  I've had a little time to myself this past week to reflect on what all is going on in my life during this phase and I am so guilty of putting myself on the back burner, trying to make sure everyone else is taken care of.  I have come to finally realize that we all need to stop, take some time for ourselves also because if we don't take care of us, we can't help others.  So with that being said, here is what I did for myself and also  a few things that I was able to do during the week.  Not much, just some "ME" time :)

My first thing I did yesterday was I made an appointment for me to go get a well needed massage!  I was able to be taken into the quiet room to enjoy this wonderful fountain and sit on the most comfortable cushy chair to relax a little before going to get my massage.  I have to tell you that I didn't realize just how much I needed one and if any of you are going through a lot of stress these days, go get one! :))  Really bad picture as it was from my cell phone and it was pretty dim in there lol.


I made these magnets by using my friendly plastic :)  The one boo boo that I did was get the heat gun too close to one of the bases and I melted it a little too so it isn't complete round.  Can you tell which one it is?  lol

I decided one night to make some homemade quiche.  It just sounded good and very soothing and with having such a crazy and busy week I said yuppers.  Love making this much as I then have leftovers for us hahahaha.  It is always nice to come home and relax after such a busy day at work and not have to worry about cooking huh :)

I changed out my little wall hangings to reflect my Fall theme.  It was hard to get close-up's of them but one says "Thankful" and the other says "Blessed".  That totally reflects how I feel right now.


I also started my other mini for one of my dear friends.  Hoping to get more done this weekend :)


How did I end my evening?  My hubby and I were able to go to the Longhorn BBQ for a wonderful dinner and I came home, filled up my large soaking tub and relaxed in a hot bath with Epson Salt and Lavendar to finish bringing out all that toxins from the massage.  Heavenly!!


Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Granny said...

That's true of most of us, not taking time for ourselves. Glad you had a chance to get some much needed rest and relaxation.

Gail said...

What a nice post. I'm so glad you did this for yourself.

Enjoy your evening.
Gail

Connie said...

So glad you slowed down and took some much needed "ME" time. You are so right, if we go around on empty it is quite hard to have much to give to others.

Ummmmmm, ahhhhhhh, ohhhhhh, a massage and hot bath with lavendar...heaven.

genie said...

After reading about your massage, I realized I really do need to take time out and go to my physical therapist. Since school started I have not been going like I should, and I am paying the price. Thanks for reminding to stop and smell "them there” roses :-)

genie said...

After reading about your massage, I realized I really do need to take time out and go to my physical therapist. Since school started I have not been going like I should, and I am paying the price. Thanks for reminding to stop and smell "them there” roses :-)