Saturday, October 9, 2010

A few goodies :)

Happy Sunday!!

What a week this has been.  Dad is having a very hard time understanding why he can't go back to the apartment and is very persistant to have the nurses call Mom so he can tell her to come get him.  We are having to work with the Social Worker to talk to him to understand he can't go home yet as he needs to get stronger for his safety and well being.  It is SO tough going through this.  On my way home the other day, I decided to stop by the thrift shop to see if I could find any goodies and I am so glad that I did :)

I found this cute picnic basket in mint condition for $4.00!!  I won't be using it for picnics probably but I ended up doing dividers in it and have all my scrapbook/card making embelishments all in one place.  It worked out great!!


I also found these grommet tools for $2.00 :)  I use these for my tags that I make so the holes don't rip.  What a score these were!!

As I was getting ready to leave, a bag of goodies caught my eye and it was full of Friendly Plastic for $2.00!  I couldn't believe it.  They usually run a little over a dollar a piece at the craft stores around here so needless to say, I was very very excited :)

I have the most wonderful husband in the world.  He knows this is taking a toll on me with Dad and he has been encouraging me to take some time for "ME" and do some crafting, even if it is just sitting down and making a card.  It helps so much to have such wonderful support from friends and family through all this.

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Granny said...

Sorry to hear about your dad having trouble adjusting. It was the same way with my sister when she went from assisted living to the hospital and then to rehab.

You found some good buys at the thrift store, especially the picnic basket. It will be nice for holding your supplies.

Angela said...

I will be praying for your dad...I was just on the phone last night with another dear friend who is experiencing the exact same thing as you right now...(((hugs))) It IS hard...I'm going to ask my followers to pray for your family on my Fearless Friday post this week

Connie said...

You are so blessed to have a husband who is so supportive, that makes a huge difference when times get tough.

You made some great purchases.

Proper Prim said...

Laura I am so sorry to hear you Dad is having such a hard time adjusting. It has to be so hard on you all when he is so unhappy. Sometimes they just don't understand that it is for their own saftey... know that you are in my thoughts each day. I pray that your Dad gets better with each passing day. How sweet of hubby to give you some down time.

Have a question... what would you use those plastic pieces for? You have me baffled on those ones. Love the basket, perfect for storage.

Hope you are having some fun and relaxation this gorgeous weekend.

Take care sweetie.

Hugs, Deb

genie said...

We have been through a year of this with my husband’s sister...it is so sad for them as well as for us. Going to the thrift store was probably good for you...I love the little picnic basket. It is precious and looks to be in great shape. Hang in there...we are all thinking of you and your daddy.
Genie