Friday, October 15, 2010

Busy Day!!

Happy Saturday!!

Yesterday was a very very busy day for me, in fact I took the entire day off of work to get things handled and to relax a little as I knew a lot was going to be going on.

First off, Mom and I had our Care Conference for Dad and they are looking at discharging him from the rehab on Wednesday morning, providing the nurse at the Assisted Living clears him early next week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  There was some good news and also so not so good news but we're just taking everything one step at a time.  The final diagnosis was he is at the "Failure to Thrive" state.

So what else was I doing yesterday?  Playing of course lol.  I had a vine that I had extra from some fall leaves I got at the dollar store so decided to try to make a pumpkin lol.  Now remember I did say try but I will show you anyway lol.

I also made an organza flower and thought well why not put it on the pumpkin too.  Hey, it's my pumpkin and I can do that if I want right?  lol  I call it my Charlie Brown pumpkin :)

I also stopped by Goodwill and found these few items.  Scored as they were 50% off so got all 3 for $4.00!!  I am going to use the little tree for the different holiday's so it will be looking a little different when I get done so stay tuned for that :)  You can never have enough wreath's around too lol.


I also got a request for a closer shot of my decorative pumpkin that I put on the front porch.  I can't take credit for the decoration on it as it came this way but got it for half off so had to get it lol.


Linking up to

 Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!


Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

4 comments:

Granny said...

I love your pumpkin that you have setting outside. I haven't even put out any decorations. Maybe before Thanksgiving. lol

Still praying for your father.

Cassie said...

Great finds!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!!
=)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I hope things get better for your Dad. I know where you are. My folks are getting older---everyday it seems. They are hanging on by a thread. This is the first winter that I am really concerned for them.
★Linda★

Lyndsey said...

I love the goodwill.. sometimes you can find the best stuff there!! Thanks so much for your nice comment :)