Monday, September 20, 2010

My new buddy

Happy Tuesday!!

Well it is official.  I am fighting my first cold of the season and I don't like it.  Lots and lots of liquids going on right now :(  It's always so much harder when you have to work fulltime.  I only made it 4 hours yesterday and had to come home.  I was miserable.  I'm taking the entire day off today so I can just rest and get better.  I have no choice as so many things are going around out here I don't want it to get worse.  I did get a wonderful surprise last night and totally unexpected.

The dogs started going crazy and I wasn't sure why and low and behold, Carissa came in and said I brought you something to make you feel better.  This is my new buddy "Cuddles".

Isn't he just the cutest ever!!!  I will definitely be cuddling with him tomorrow that's for sure.  She also got me this card.  Nothing warms a Mother's heart more when your children show their love for you.



I was playing with my pipe cleaners to see what I could come up with and I found the most simple thing to do with them and they turned out so cute!!  How are these for adoreable little flowers and you can even bend them to make them more of a 3D dimension too :)  I think I'll be making many more of these in all different colors and sizes.

I also was playing around with some of my dyed coffee filters with different types of flowers.  I'm not exactly sure what kind this would be, but I think they turned out cute :)  It's funny when I start just cutting away and see what happens lol.  Any ideas on "what" type of flower these resemble?  lol


Giveaways for today:
Check out Sweet Bee.  She has the cutest things :)

Have a great day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

3 comments:

Granny said...

Hope you feel better soon. The bottom flower looks a litle like a carnation. Whatever it is, it's pretty.

Proper Prim said...

Hope you feel better real soon. Oh I hate getting sick, I make the worst patient.

Love the little flowers, cute idea.

What a sweet daughter to do that for you... Cuddles is just adorable.

Forgot to mention, Mr. D. brought over the frame on Sun., it is much prettier in person. Thanks for the beautiful card also, you made me cry it was so sweet.

I am just waiting for the right picture of Mya to put in it.

You have a great day Laura...

Hugs, Deb

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Laura. Just wanted to stop by and tell you thanks for following my blog. I have to tell you that those are cool piper cleaner flowers. I have never seen those. And your coffee filter flowers are very clever as well. I hope you are feeling better and have a great week!