Monday, September 13, 2010

Dimensional Glaze

Happy Tuesday!!

Another busy week going on at work.  Ramping up with basically no one training you is pretty stressful but my boss knows me oh so well and says I can do it and I'm doing very well so just taking it one day at a time.  Working back over in the IT field is not my favorite but I am thankful to have a job :)

I decided to start working on some dimensional items and so I tried something new.  I printed out some items on vellum paper, did my waterpainting on it and once it was dry, put dimentsional glaze over parts of it.  I just wanted the leaves and flowers to pop out.  I have never done this one before and didn't know how it was going to turn out. 

I got the digi from Karen over at  Graphic Fairy .  Some absolutely beautiful designs out there.

Once it was all dried, I used a decorative scissors to cut around the object and used Mod Podge on the back of it. Now mind you, with the vellum being very thing it will start to really curl up.  Don't worry though and you'll see why, at least what I was using it for :)

I got out a smooth candle that I had and put the cut out on the candle and smoothed it out.  I didn't put the Mod Podge over the top as I really wanted the glaze to pop out.  Once I got it where I wanted, I got out my Distress Ink and started smudging around the edges and also onto the candle itself to give it more of an older look.  I hadn't done this either but it works very well :)  Finished it off then with a sheer ribbon and here's what you get :)

The picture really doesn't do it justice at all but you can get the idea, at least I hope :)

Think about what all you can do with something like this.  Baby gifts, wedding gifts by taking their invitation, and so on :)

Sneak Peak at another dimensional glaze project for you but you'll have to wait and see how it turns out lol.  Don't you just love when we do that to you :)


I hope that you have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

Georgia Peach said...

Laura - that turned out so beautiful! You are a true artist. I love reading your blog and get inspiration from you and your crafts!

I hope work goes easy for you - what do you do in the IT field? I worked in it for years before my early retirement and miss it and the people so much!

Proper Prim said...

Laura you are amazing. That is so cool, I love how you did that. Tell us more about this distressing ink, that sounds interesting... I have never heard of that before.

Hope your week gets easier for you. Have a great day.

Hugs, Deb

Granny said...

That candle is beautiful. With your talent you can make gifts for a fraction of what they would cost in a store. I know you'll do great at your job. Just remember to take it one day at a time.

Connie said...

What a great idea to use the dimensional glaze on paper. Love the candle.

Paula said...

Laura,
I love the candle... what a creative idea! Keep up the great work! :)