Sunday, September 19, 2010

Christmas Cards and more

Happy Sunday!!

I got so used to not worrying about what day it was and to have all the time in the world to do whatever I needed and now for these past 2 weeks, its been a total adjustment.  If I had a magic wand or a genie, I definitely know what I'd wish for lol :)  I'll let you figure that one out for yourself lol :)

So between Carissa and myself, we have been able to finish another album for one of the bridesmaids and realized that it is taking us about 3+ hours to do just the pages and tags/embelishments themselves.  The embelishments go by fast and Carissa is loving doing them. She puts so much thought into the colors and accents, what she is writing and what embelishments to use so that each girl has such precious memories that they've shared together throughout the years and they will be able to remember those great times and just smile.  I have a feeling there will be some happy tears shed when she gives them to everyone.   She needs a pick me up as her fiance is hunting this week and she's miserable so it's Mom to the rescue to keep her occupied :)  She loved the idea of personalized gifts for the girls and loved how I put them together and now she is enjoying doing a lot of the finish work.

So this one is for her sister who is 9 years older than she is.

She wanted to put some word embelishments on this page to bring back when they were younger.  These mean things to them lol.

I think this one says it all and what a special bond sisters have.


Oh when these two girls get together, this doesn't even describe them! lol



Only the bond that sisters have says this one.

They have always referred to each other as big sis, lil sis.

Aw yes.... no matter what, family.


I also decided to play around with some wrapping paper that has Season Greetings on it that I found at the Dollar Store.  So here is what I did.  I just started tearing strips, all sizes which looks like this.


Then I just started layering them on top of each other, altering the jagged edges to give the flower a base look which turns out like this.

Then I used the scrunching technique that I do on some of my other flowers but this time without spraying it with water and you will get this crinkled up ball of paper but don't worry.  You'll be surprised when you start unfolding them and you will end up with this cute flower :)


I then wanted to go ahead and make a Christmas card to put it on.  I'm not 100% happy with the card itself but not bad for the first attempt at it :)  They can't all be perfect right?  :)


Also, if you just love the mini albums that I have done, you have to go check out A Scrappy Design as she has a friend that is giving away 2 of these albums to 2 different winners!!  They are from the Teresa Collings collections and I love them!!  Hope on over and check it out :)

Giveaways for today:
Check these adoreable flowers being given away over at Janes Lovely Cards.  She's got such cute stuff :)  If you haven't stopped by, you're missing out :)

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cuteness galore in that book!! your blog is adorable, by the way:)

The Autocrat: Haley said...

The books are lookin' good! Okay, I can't even keep up with everyone's fall and Halloween decor, and here you are throwing out Christmas cards! Sloooowww down! LOL