Friday, August 20, 2010

Topiary Dry Run

Happy Saturday!!

I was checking all the blogs that I follow and I was so excited and honored that I was featured over at Hannah's site Young and Crafty.  She has an adoreable site so if you haven't checked her out, hop on over and tell her that Laura sent you.  She is hosting a linky party which is always a good way to check out all the other fantastic ideas out there :)  Thank you Hannah!!





 

I was working yesterday on a dry run for some ideas I had for the reception so I decided to put together a topiary for a few of the decorations.  Not exactly where they will all go but I have an idea so we'll see.  Like I said this isn't detailed out the way the final ones will be but you get the idea lol.  Here is all I used:
Floral Foam (but will use styrofoam with the real one)
Wrapping Tissue
Tuelle
Ribbon
Wooden Dowle
Ceramic Pot
Spanish Moss
All I did was start ripping the tissue paper and took a pen and wrapped it around the end and stuck it in the foam.  Easy :)
I also was playing with fabric ribbon and these were my first 2.  I have watched a few videos on Youtube.  I still have more fine tuning to do but I'm getting the hang of it I think lol



This is a new blog I found and hop on over for this great giveaway :)  Kristen has some awesome things on her website.  Hop on over :)
3littlebirds

Linky Parties I'm doing:









Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!

Between the Lines

Photobucket

Well that's it for now.  Have a great weekend!!

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

bj said...

ahhh..this looks so pretty. I love topiaries of any kind.
Hope your weekend is blessed...and fun!!
xo bj

Connie said...

You are on the right track with that topiary, it looks very nice.

Congrats on being featured, that is always fun,(and a little boost to the ego).

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Hello! That looks very pretty : )

Found your blog through Saturday linkup.

KyAnn said...

Found you on one of the Saturday Follows. I'm your newest follower on your super awesome blog! I'll be back (in my best Arnold voice).

KyAnn

http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for participating in my hop, I love your blog!
T♥

Kel said...

Thanks for joining us for Spotlight Saturday! We were very happy to have you stop by. I'm a new follower. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and swing by tomorrow for our Simple Sunday Twitter Hop if you get a chance!

Kel
www.betweenthelines-kel.com