Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paper Mache Box

Happy Friday!

With watching the grandbabies I didn't have much time for much crafting.  I know, life happens right?  :) I love spending time with the little sweetpeas.  They grow up so darn fast!!  I even have the grandpup that I'm watching.  This is Miss Sassy!!!

I guess I wore the kids out as they both laid down and took naps which is a rare occurance.  This is my sweet little princess Sydney.  She's 4 :)


I did up a very quick and easy paper mache box that I had found over at Goodwill for 99 cents quiet awhile ago.  Here it is before.  I didn't have to repaint it at all as it was already the color that I wanted but didn't want the designs that were on it.

Here is all that I used:
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon
Silk Flowers
Doublesided tape
Chipboard embelishments

The coloring is kind of off so this picture doesn't do it justice from above.

This took me all of about 10 minutes to put together and it's a cute little giveaway box for someone.  Love it!!

We did make some progress on the wedding yesterday.  The wedding venue we went and looked at a few days ago, we now have it booked so that is where she will she will be getting married and she is SO excited!! 

Linking up to:

New Friend Fridays


Well back to the grandbabies.  They are keeping me hopping :)
Have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

4 comments:

Granny said...

Love the face on your grandpooch. Remember that there will always be time for crafting but those grandbabies will be graduating high school before you know it. :)

That box looks great. Love the colors and the way you decorated the top.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Aren't grands the best? None of ours nap anymore but they do always want to sleep over! I have been teaching the girls to embroider. That is a treat, let me tell you. But so much fun to see their little faces when they concentrate so hard!
Looks like he is 'dog' tired, too! :>
★Linda★

the thrifty ba said...

that looks so much better!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love the box!