Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Organizing

Happy Thursday!

I have posted over the past few days that I have been trying to organize some things.  Well let me tell you that it hasn't been easy and it's been a lot of hard work but it's paying off.

I am kind of embarrassed to show you these pictures but I'm sure all of you have been there at one time or another.  lol  I had to pull a lot of things out, then go through them little by little and now I can create new storage spaces to keep things organized as I don't want to have to do this again anytime soon :)  Does this mean that I'm done??? Oh no... still more areas to go through.  But that is another day's project...hahahaha

So here is a picture of how my craft room was before I started...... yikes!!  A bomb went off :)  It really looks worse than it was but still.

And here it is all cleaned and vacuumed and organized again.  Whew!!  Now I can actually sit in my chair again and not break my neck walking in there.  :)

This is in our family room area, we don't really use it right now as we are going to be pulling the carpet and laying new flooring once I get a new job so we've gotten rid of most of the items in here as we gave a lot to Carissa when she moved so that helps.  Just more room for me to create :)  This is stuff I pulled out of all the nooks and crannys and the other items that my hubby puts in here for me to deal with.  Go figure ;)

And this is the same corner all cleaned up now.  Wow... when I stand back I had a few ideas of what I can do in here in the meantime before remodeling it.....Baaawwwaaaahhh!!  :))))))

Wow I feel so much better now and now you know that I'm just little ole me....being open and honest on how I have to organize and clean too.  lol

Also one more exciting thing for me!!  Well you too.... I am almost at a milestone of 50 followers and I will have a giveaway when I hit that!!  Yay!!  Hopefully it won't be too long till that happens because I'm VERY excited on what I'm doing.  I can give you this little hint, it's from homemade and recycled items.  OK... here is a hint.  You'll just have to wait to see the final product when I hit 50!!  Hmmmm just thought of something.  My birthday is the 8th and I'm hitting the BIG 50 so how appropriate is this :)  lol


I'm linking up to the following blogs today.  Hop on over and check them out :)

Beyond The Picket Fence





Hump Day link


Life as Lori



Well better get cracking as I see 50 in the very near future :)  Have a great day!!

xo ~ Laura

14 comments:

susan said...

Laura-Nice to "meet" you! You have been a busy girl! Doesn't it feel good? I am doing a bit of that myself. It too hot to do anything outside! Great job!

Angela said...

Girl, I ADORE posts like these..don't be embarassed. I tell ya, they inspire many of us to get cracking within our own homes too. Your not the only one that has rooms like that in your home.....You did an amazing job. I love how it all turned out.

50? My goodness girl, you are one hot looking Mama for 50..

I love that craft that you have on the last pic...love the material all around it....

Blessings to you today and always!!

Lori said...

Great job! You should have seen my craft closet! I posted about it, so don't be embrassed.

Thanks for joining Get your craft on thursday at Life as Lori!

Lori said...

Great job! You should have seen my craft closet! I posted about it, so don't be embrassed.

Thanks for joining Get your craft on thursday at Life as Lori!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

You bet we've all been there. Doesn't it feel great to have it all nice and tidy?!

Connie said...

I have soooooo been there. I am 'orginizationally challenged' and am constantly having to stop crafting and do some clean up and put away.

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks girls :) That's why I love blogland, everyone can so relate to everything. Love it!! I do feel better having it cleaned. Now onto the rest of the little cubbies. lol

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am an organizing nut! I found a blog several years ago call the Organizing Junkie and she is. She also does Menu Plan Monday which has become a habit for me. She always has great ideas and giveaways. Love her site.
http://orgjunkie.com
Your hard work has paid off! Things look great.
I have always told my kids( who are now 38, 35 and 33 ) "Everything has a place and it belongs in its place." There will be no tantrums or frustration if you put everything where it belongs when you are done with it. It has worked for us. 8-)
★Linda★
BTW~ 50 is the new 39!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Very true Linda :) I told her that she better go through everything as whatever what left I'd find a place for it. lol And yes I agree totally. 50 is the new 39 ;) Hugs!!!

bj said...

O, gosh...we ALL have to go thru this. I have a closet...my DECORATING closet that is almost to the ceiling with my decorating stuff. I pull it all out ever now and then...but then I just stuff it right back inside. I don't know what else to do with it.
Wish I could do it as good as you can...yours looks amazing.
*heavy sigh.....
Oh, well, I'll worry about it tomorrow...right now, a nice long nap is calling my name..:))
xo bj

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, your craft room is wonderful. What a bright and pretty space to create! I always feel so good when I accomplish some organization. Now, if I could just KEEP things organized! laurie

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

I am your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop!

Hope you can stop by and visit my blog.
http://shining2save.com

Have a Great Day!

Kari

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

BJ ~ oh I hear ya Sweetie! It's very tempting to just pile things back in and close that door. lol

Laurie ~ Thank you for the compliment on my craft room. I am loving it that's for sure :)

Kari ~ welcome to my little blog. Hope you enjoy your visits. I'm hoppin on over to check yours out too :)

Anonymous said...

I am blog hopping today and I am your newest follower! I hope you can come visit at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com