Monday, August 23, 2010

Coffee Filter Flowers

Happy Tuesday!

I just loved how the topiary turned out so I wanted to try to dye some of the coffee filters to see how they would do making flowers.  I have seen a few ways to dye them on the web but I just mixed up a few drops of food coloring and water and let them soak for awhile to pick up the color.

I have a few things in mind for them but since I was just trying them out, we'll see :)  lol  I distressed the edges a little to give it some more character.  I know that I've seen people who paint these too which are also pretty.   I tried to get a close up shot but these pictures don't do it justice.  They actually do look like real flowers which is pretty cool :)

Here is a small arrangement that I did with the other 2 that I let soak a little longer which gave it more color.  I like them both ways.  What do you think??


Have you ever gotten something in the past and totally forgot about it and you just smiled when you found it?  Well 2 years ago we went to Cabo and Carissa and I went down to the cabana area where there was a vendor where you could paint something yourself.  I thought that would be fun as it was a trip that I will remember always.  It was for Carissa's H.S. graduation present and also my birthday so I did up this cute little shell.  If you notice the red petals, it has the initials L T in it.  That is both my husband and my initials so I put that and in the upper part of it I put "08" to signify when we were there.  I found it today and it made me smile :)




Linky Parties that I'm following today:
All Thingz Related



HOG



 
Giveaways I'm doing:
Claire at Craftyc's Crafting Library
 

So that's all for now and I hope that you all have a fantastic day!  Happy crafting :)

xo ~ Laura

2 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Laura... those flowers are soo cute! You know.. it's so funny how things come "back" around. My sis used to make tissue flowers and sell them at craft fairs 25 years ago!
gail

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

I think they turned out really nice.