Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some of my vinyl signs

Happy Rednesday!!  I have been quiet busy playing with my new Cricut Expressions and having a lot of fun decorating things around the house.  I am kind of a quirky person who doesn't like to have things symmetrical and like things moved around as you will be able to see here in my newer projects lol.

I found 2 basic small cutting boards that were 2 for a $1.00 so I couldn't pass them up and figured I would come up with something and guess what, I did :)  I have my kitchen accessories in cows, chickens/roosters and little pigs due to those were our favorite animals with my hubby, youngest daughter and myself so decorating is easy and fun to say the least.


I painted the cutting boards with just one coat of red spray paint as I wanted the paint to soak in, then white washed over it with a watered down simple white and then wiped it off.  Then I created my different letters with my Cricut, embelished it with a few simple things and all done :) 



I also got this over at GW the other day and it had a cow on it (posted on a previous post) and wanted to do a vinyl plaque so I got out the black spray paint, did the vinyl letter and here is how it turned out. 



I'm working on a few other projects that I will post later and wish all of you very sweet and talented ladies a very happy crafting. 

xo ~ Laura

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Laura! I love your recent vinyl projects! The Farm Fresh Eggs one is just adorable, and I love the red crate. :)

Isn't there sooooo much to learn about the cricut?? I certainly don't know nearly everything yet...one of the best things I learned for vinyling though was 'weeding' - do you know how to do that yet? If not, go to YouTube and search it out - it's a lifesaver and makes things so much faster when vinyling!!

Have a great day!!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks, I've had a lot of fun with them. I haven't done the weeding yet so thanks for the tip. I'll go to YouTub and see what's it all about. I just went with the basics to get started as I was so excited. lol Stay tuned for more... lol Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I love it... I absolutely LOVE the black one...it is so me!!!! Have a great remainder of the week...Mica

Angela said...

Now I know what to do when I find some cutting boards at yard sales. What an amazing idea...Thanks for sharing. They all turned out beautiful.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment...I appreciate it very much!

I've been wondering about a Cricut. Saw them on clearance at Wal-mart for $100.00 (I think it was the smaller one).

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks Mica and Angela for stopping by my blog. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Swing back by to see what new things I come up with. My creative juices are just flowing :)

Kim, yes I've seen the smaller ones on sale at Walmart also. I got a package deal on my expression through Amazon.com so decided to do that as I want to do the larger wall vinyl's eventually. I love it!!