Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From Trash to Treasure

Happy Tuesday!!  So I had a very busy day at work and am just exhausted but couldn't allow myself to go to bed this early so what do you do after having a 4 hour straight meeting that is intense the entire time and your brain is going a mile a minute when you get home?  Well you get creative and relax!!  :)

I am getting much better at looking at everything now and getting ideas on what all I can do with them.  On Father's Day, one of the things that was made for the BBQ was baked beans, well of course right!  lol  So I instantly thought when opening the can, hey I know exactly what I can do with this one.  My Daughter-In-Law looked at me like I was crazy for a minute until I explained my plan lol.



So yes it is a few days later, but the can was all cleaned and just calling my name tonight to "make me pretty".  You may be thinking..... now what on earth is she wanting to do with it???  Well let me tell you :)  I always wash my paint brushes out in the kitchen sink, then I end up laying them on the back part of it and let them dry.  Do I pick them up usually when they are dry?  I have to confess, no I don't.  They usually sit there until I need them next.  SOOOOOO this is what I did with my can.



Now isn't that a much nicer thing to look at vs. laying there boring looking?  And so there you have it.  A quick and simple fix to your cans.  Pretty storage :)  What did it take?  An empty can, a few pieces of scrap paper, ribbon and Mod Podge.  Simple and easy!!

Have a great night and I must now unwind the rest of the way as morning is going to come much too early and I still have an hour drive into work.

xo ~ Laura

5 comments:

bj said...

Now, this is an amazing project and sounds easy enuf. I am so not crafty and even the simplest craft turns into a nightmare for me. If I use the glue gun...burned and blisters..most of the time things cut to size seldom fit right...BUT..maybe I can do this one. I'll try. I don't use paint brushes but it would be cute to hold just about anything..
xo bj

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Thanks for stopping by BJ :) Trust me, its super easy and anyone can do this one :) The possibilities are endless on what it can hold. Now I have other cans I want to do. lol :)

Elizabeth said...

Love love love it!! You've been a busy bee lately!! :) I'd love to recover some cans like that - when I move on Monday, I get my own craft room!! (well, craft loft lol)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Oh tell me about it Elizabeth!! I now think of how many I recycled, but not in the house. lol How exciting that you get your own craft "loft" :) I had a blast redoing one of the bedrooms when Carissa moved out. Can't wait to see how you decorate it :) Yay!!

craftyles said...

Laura,
Cute project and I love the colors! Hope you made it to work-driving an hour-that's a long drive. Thanks for the cute idea.